Ask your parent or teacher with help you with all the information about how to enter. Each entry must be given to a local garden club that is part of the National Garden Clubs
Here’s what you can do:
- Learn more about Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl
- Choose the subject of your poster: Smokey or Woodsy. You are not allowed to draw both characters on the same poster.
- Decide what you want to draw on your poster that shows other kids the important messages of wildfire prevention or conservation.
- Choose your tools. You can things like use pens, pencils, crayons, markers, poster paints, water colors. You cannot use a computer to make your poster.
- Remember that it is important that you use the same colors when drawing Smokey or Woodsy. How they look is very, very important.
Ask your parent or teacher to help you understand all the rules before you start drawing. This contest is very popular, and a lot of kids enter the contest each year.
What can you win?
Well, first, if you win your artwork will be used by the Forest Service to teach other kids about Smokey Bear or Woodsy Owl. If your poster is chosen the best from all those entered, you and your parents can come to Washington, D.C., to pick up your award! How fun does that sound?
We hope you enter the contest. Following the rules is very important. So, talk to your parent or teacher and get started today!