WASHINGTON - All Forest Service employees who were issued computers must validate their computers by August 31, 2017, to ensure correct information is in the CIO’s asset repository. Validation will assist with financial decision planning related to lifecycle management replacements.
The Chief Information Office launched the new End User Computer Validation SharePoint site to allow employees to validate their computers. Please visit the site for more information and to validate your computer.
What You Need To Know
- The End User Computer Validation SharePoint Site:
- Is the tool where all corporate computers in the Forest Service should be initially validated by August 31, 2017.
- Is where you find the serial numbers for all Active Forest Service computers; and
- Will allow supervisors, sponsors, and site-designated employees to validate another’s computer(s) on their behalf (if needed).
- IMPORTANT! Due to the fact that only one primary computer can be selected per end user, the practice of “custodians” managing primary computers for users is no longer viable for the CIO. The true End User will have to be selected and shown as the real owner of their computer(s). This information is further explained in the End User Computer Validation Guide.
- End Users must validate ALL of the computers listed under their name, even if a computer is no longer in their possession.
- The initial computer validation is due August 31, 2017. After this date, the End User Computer Validation SharePoint site will be open for End Users to update their information throughout the year.
- For more detailed information, visit the End User Computer Validation Website. End Users are encouraged to review all related documentation before validating computers.
What You Need To Do
- End Users should initially validate their Forest Service computers in the End User Computer Validation SharePoint site by August 31, 2017. Computer validation can only be submitted using this online tool.
- Before entering your computer validation(s):
- Review the Frequently-Asked-Questions document.
- Review the End User Computer Validation Guide, in its entirety, to see what additional information you will need in order to validate your computer(s). This Guide will also provide you with the step-by-step process to validate your computer and provide you with “what to expect next” information.
- PRINT the End User Computer Validation Guide so you have it to use when you complete your validation.
Help information is available on the End User Computer Validation Website.
For technical help call the Customer Help Desk at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a chat with a CHD agent, or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the Search box on the CHD site to find helpful knowledge management documents.
The CIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in all of its activities, services, and programs for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in accessing and using the information contained in this email, please email CIO News.
Visit the CIO News Archives for past updates.