You are receiving this notification because your email account is scheduled to switch to your @usda.gov email address Tuesday, April 30, at 7:00 p.m. Central. A small group pilot test using @usda.gov as the primary email address has already completed with great results, and the CIO doesn’t expect any major impact for you as a result of switching your primary email address to @usda.gov.
What will happen during the change?
The OneUSDA Email project team will run scripts against your account to set your primary email address (smtp) to your new @usda.gov address and set your @fs.fed.us address as your secondary (smtp) address. You will not lose any mail during this transition since email addressed to either address will continue to be delivered to your Outlook inbox. The biggest difference you’ll experience is that once the transition to primary has completed, all email you send will show as coming from your @usda.gov address.
What do you need to do?
- Please read the “OneUSDA Employee Information” web page for important information.
- At the end of your workday on April 30, simply log off your computer. If you take your computer home and/or it is off the network at the time the team switches your primary email account, you may have to log off/on before you can access Skype or Office 365.
- Ensure you know your assigned @usda.gov email address. Your new email address is based on your legal name on file with Human Resources Management and is in a different format than your @fs.fed.us address. You can use this email validation tool to see your current email address and your new @usda.gov address. After the transition, the validation tool will only show your @usda.gov address and will state that you have successfully transitioned to @usda.gov as your primary address.
- If you find your new email address is incorrect in the email validation tool (for example, your name is misspelled), please use the request to change or correct OneUSDA email address form or contact the Customer Help Desk to request a “OneUSDA Email Correction.” Requests to change your email address based purely on a personal preference won’t be accepted (for example, you just don’t like your address or you don’t want your full name or middle initial used).
- After you transition to @usda.gov as your primary address, you should start using your @usda.gov email address for all work transactions.
- If you have not already done so, please update your signature block to reflect your @usda.gov email address.
- Visit the team’s OneUSDA email transition project site for project information and answers to frequently asked questions.
For questions related to how the OneUSDA unified email initiative might impact an application you manage, or for general questions about the timeline or scope of the project, please email the OneUSDA email team.
For technical help call the Customer Help Desk at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a chat with a CHD agent, or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the search box on the CHD site to find helpful knowledge management documents.