The Forest Service is hiring student interns and recent graduates through the Pathways Program as part of the 2019 Society of American Foresters (SAF) Convention. The conference takes place Oct. 30 through Nov. 3 in Louisville, KY. The Forest Service will have a recruitment presence at the convention.
The deadline to request positions for this hiring event is Sept. 15.
- Merit job announcements are open Oct. 22 - Nov. 5
- Student intern and recent graduate job announcements are open Oct. 28 - Nov. 5
- Applications are accepted through USAJOBS.gov
Available Student Positions (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Biological Science Student Trainee - GS-0499-03/04/05/07
(GS-03/04 for current undergraduate or GS-05/07 for graduate students)
- Planned conversion to Natural Resource Specialist – GS-0401-05/07/09 or Forester – GS-0460-05/07/09
Recent Graduate Positions
Agency-wide merit promotion announcements will also be advertised for the following positions:
- Forester - GS-0460-05/07
- Planned conversion to Forester - GS-0460-07/09 or GS-0460-11
- Forestry Technician – GS-0462-04/05
- Planned conversion to Forestry Technician – GS-0462-06 or GS-0462-07
- Natural Resources Specialists - GS-0401-05/07
- Planned conversion to Natural Resources Specialists GS-0401-07/09 or GS-11
What you need to do
Select “Pathways” as the announcement type, and limit to series and grade range listed above.
Visit the National Collective Recruitment and Hiring webpage for position description numbers and additional information.
Help is available
If you have questions about the hiring event, please contact Lena Duke at email@example.com.