The OneUSDA Email Transition team is now transitioning Public Distribution List (PDL) email addresses as the final step of the OneUSDA email transition to @usda.gov.
Below are some important reminders about this phase of the project:
- PDL owners/managers must now use an @usda.gov email address to create new PDLs. Refer to KBA00105420 FS: PDL and Group Management through ADUC for more information
- For existing @fs.fed.us PDLs, only the domain of the PDL’s associated email address is changing. The domain is the part of the email address that comes after the @. The domain will change from fs.fed.us to usda.gov. The part of the address before the @ will not change
- The @fs.fed.us email address of the PDL is not going away but will continue to operate as a secondary address associated with the PDL
- PDL display names seen in Outlook’s Address Book will not change
- The transition is expected to complete by August 15. If you receive an “Undeliverable” message from Outlook after sending an email to one of your commonly-used PDLs after the transition, please refer to KBA00106210 FS: Outlook: Emails to PDLs or Users undeliverable after migration to GCC or @usda.gov for instructions on how to clear your computer’s saved data (auto-complete list)
- Update saved or published hyperlinks of PDL names in documents or web content after August 15 to ensure the PDL hyperlink is current with the new usda.gov address associated with the PDL.
What you need to do
- Be aware of this new requirement for all PDLs
- When creating new PDLs, be sure to use the new @usda.gov domain
- Update saved or published hyperlinks to regularly-used PDLs after the transition completes.
Help is Available
For additional information and resources about the OneUSDA email initiative, including a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit the OneUSDA Email Transition web page.
For questions, concerns, or feedback about the OneUSDA email initiative, please email the OneUSDA email team.
For technical help call the Customer Help Desk at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a chat with an agent, or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the Search box on the Customer Help Desk site to find helpful knowledge management documents.
The CIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in all of its activities, services, and programs for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in accessing and using the information contained in this email, please email CIO News.
Visit the CIO News Archives for past emails.