This message is for supervisors, hiring managers, sponsors and designees to guide you in getting new or returning employees user account profiles for Forest Service network access.
Please note that user account profiles are managed through the Enterprise Entitlement Management System and are dependent on employment status in the Human Resources Management EmpowHR system. These systems are linked, which means that an employee must show as “Active” in both EEMS and EmpowHR before accounts can be granted or restored.
What You Need to Do
- Submit a SF-52 in eTracker: Make sure you have submitted a “Personnel Action” to rehire or hire your employee. Once this action is processed by HRM, it will populate or update employee records in EEMS.
- Complete FY19 Information Security Awareness (ISA) Training:
- New FS employees must complete the FY19 ISA training through eForms.
- All current FS employees can complete the training through Aglearn by going to www.aglearn.usda.gov. They will need to know their eAuthentication password.
- Employees currently in leave without pay (LWOP) status who need assistance with completing FY19 ISA Training can contact Ann Marie Trezza at email@example.com or Carole Jeanne Waldram at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all Non-FS hires (i.e., contractors, interns, volunteers, fellows or affiliates), supervisors are encouraged to use the Non-FS Onboarding Checklist located on the HRM website.
- Submit a Helpdesk Ticket 4-7 Days Prior to Employee Start Date: The supervisor or supervisor designee MUST submit a CIO Customer Help Desk (CHD) ticket for “ID Profile – New Profile” or “ID Profile – Re-Enable Profile”. The employee CANNOT submit their own ticket. For more detailed information, please reference CHD Knowledge Document KBA0099551– “FS User Profile Administration **Start Here**”.
- Allow Processing Time for the Ticket: All user account profile request tickets will first go to Personnel Security to verify a background investigation is initiated or on file, as well as verify the employee’s identification and status in EmpowHR. Please note that the ticket will not advance to the IDADMIN queue for profile creation/re-enable until employee’s status in EmpowHR shows as “Active”, which is why we recommend that you do not submit requests more than 7 days prior to the start date.
- Employee Profile Setup: Once the IDADMIN queue receives the ticket, they will verify ISA training completion and submit a User Access Request form in EEMS. The supervisor will then receive the employee’s credentials in an email. DO NOT give the credentials to the new employee until their first day at work. The new employee MUST setup their own user account profile, as it is a violation of security procedures for anyone other than the new employee to set up their account.
Note: If ISA training is not completed, the tickets will be resolved with action required by the user. The ticket can be reopened within 9 days once the requirement is met.
- Peak Hiring Season: February through June of each year is extremely busy for Human Resources, Personnel Security, and the CIO ID Admin team. Our goal is to provide credentials within 10 days after the employee’s first day of work.
- Effective March 1, 2019, All New Employees will only Receive the “@usda.gov” Email Address: This is in support of the Secretary of Agriculture’s One USDA initiative for a unified email address across all of USDA. The email address is provided in the credential documents from ID Administration.
How do I Know if My Employee Already has a FS User Account Profile?
Check in the Outlook Address Book for the employee’s name (see Fig. bekiw). If the account exists, submit a Re-Enable profile request rather than a New Profile request.
To find a name in the Outlook Address Book:
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the Home tab.
- Choose the Address Book. It is located near the right side of the top menu horizontal pane area.
- Search by last name (make sure the Address Book shows Global Address List and the Name only radio button is picked).
Review the Permanent / Temporary Employee Onboarding Checklist and the Non FS Employee Onboarding Checklist on HRM’s Supervisor Resources website.
If You Need Assistance for a FS User Account Profile
If you have questions about HRM actions and/or EmpowHR, please contact the HRM Contact Center by:
- Logging on to ConnectHR and clicking on the HR Help link. For detailed instructions, visit the HR Help How-to Add a Case Guide.
- Sending an email to ASC_HRM_Contact_Center@fs.fed.us.
- Calling the HRM Contact Center at 1-877-372-7248, option 2.
If you have questions for the CIO about a new employee's user account profile, computer, phone, or radio, please call the CHD at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or visit the CHD Portal.
Help is Available
For technical help call the CHD at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a chat with a CHD agent, or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the Search box on the CHD site to find helpful knowledge management documents.
The CIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in all of its activities, services, and programs for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in accessing and using the information contained in this email, please email CIO News.
Visit the CIO News Archives for past emails.