6161 – ADMINISTERING WORK SCHEDULES
The following policies will apply to use of flexible work schedules (flexitours) in the Supervisor’s Office.
1. Primary Staff Officers are delegated authority to approve tour changes for their subordinates. The delegation also gives Staff Officers the authority to restrict any employee, or position, to a specific tour or to disapprove any employee’s request for a tour change.
2. Standard office hours for providing services to the public and field units will be from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some positions, such as switchboard, must be covered during this period. Mail services must also be covered to provide maximum services to the office. Staff should consider this in granting tour changes.
3. Core time will be 5 ½ hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (3 hours) and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (2 ½ hours). All employees must have core time, within their scheduled tour. Meetings and field trips that involve several employees, where a coordination is necessary, should be scheduled during core time when feasible.
4. Flexitour are approved are:
Tours starting between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on 15 minute intervals, with ½ to one hour lunch break between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. and ending between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on 15 minute intervals.
5. Employees may select eight hours of duty from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tour changes will be effective only at the beginning of a pay period and cannot be approved retroactively. Hours of duty will be the same within a pay period. A request for tour change must be submitted in writing (through immediate supervisor) to Primary Staff Officer at least seven (7) days prior to proposed effective date. (The only exception to seven (7) days prior approval will be new employees who will be given an opportunity to select a schedule on their first day of duty.) Employee will be given a copy of written approval/disapproval.
Employees will be required to adhere to their schedule work hours and staff officers will be expected to ensure compliance.