Suppose 2 is the latest version of the Suppose graphical user interface to the FVS modeling system. Improvements in this latest version include the activation of previously inactive features, an updated menu that gives the user the ability to set default parameters, an updated main window that allows the user to see the simulation contents, and database connectivity options so that Suppose can automatically read FVS input databases. Suppose 2 will read previous data formats as well as the latest Database formatted datasets.
The following file is available to install or update the Suppose component of the Forest Vegetation Simulator program suite. This file only includes Suppose and files that directly support the Suppose graphical interface.
- Suppose Program (Supp_20180510.exe, 2.07 MB, updated: 05-18-2018) - the most recent version of the Suppose program files. This version includes updates and fixes problems with previous versions of the Suppose interface.
Suppose Installation Instructions
Suppose runs only on Windows operating systems. To load the current Suppose software, perform the following steps.
- Click the link for the Suppose Program setup package above to begin downloading it.
- When prompted, Save the file to a location on your local computer (remember where you save it).
- When the executable has finished downloading, choose to open the setup executable by clicking the "Open" button. If you do not have this option, navigate to the directory where you specified the file be saved and double-click on the executable. Either option will begin the installation process.
- On the welcome screen, click the "Next" button. Select a location into which the Suppose software will be installed and then click "Next" to install the software.
- When installation has completed, click the "Finish" button.