FVS Software Complete Package
The FVS Software Complete Package covers all Regions of the National Forest System. It includes the FVS program files, the graphical interface (Suppose), pre- and post-processors, the Stand Visualization System (SVS), sample data, and Regional Exercise Guide in a single, easy-to-install program. These are the files associated with the basic FVS training sessions in each Region.
Additional Support Notes
- We update the FVS Software Complete Package on a regular basis to keep up with the component updates.
- You may update prior installations of the FVS Software Complete Package by simply re-installing it using the newer installation program. Alternatively, you may add and update components by following the links on the menu to the left.
- The FVS Software Complete Package includes the regional-specific workbooks and sample data. Exercises included in the workbooks are an excellent FVS tutorial.
Download the FVS Software Complete Package installation file to your PC; then, follow the Installation Instructions below.
|All||The most recent versions of the FVS variants, Suppose program, pre- and post-processors, the Stand Visualization System (SVS), sample data, and exercise workbooks.||FVS_Install_20181030.exe||32 MB|
The FVS Software Complete Package installation file is a single executable that will install the standard suite of programs often associated with the Forest Vegetation Simulator. Installing all the components will require up to 200 MB of hard drive space.
When you install new software using the FVS Software Complete Package installation file, any files from a previous installation will be overwritten, including the training data set and blank database.
If you find that particular FVS component files are not overwritten it could be that they were installed using a component installation package. If that is the case, follow the instructions below for removing that FVS component.
Note: Depending on your security settings, you may need Administrative Privileges to Install / Uninstall FVS software.
Install the FVS Software Complete Package
To install the current FVS Software Complete Package software, perform the following steps.
- Click the link for the FVS Software Complete Package installation file in the table above to begin downloading it.
- When prompted, Save the file to a location on your local computer (remember where you save it).
- When the executable has finished downloading, choose to open the installation executable by clicking the "Open" button. If you do not have this option, navigate to the directory where you specified the file be saved and double-click on the executable. Either option will begin the installation process.
- Following a splash screen, click the "Next" button to install the FVS Software Complete Package.
- When installation is finished, click the "Finish" button. You have installed the FVS Software Complete Package programs and example data!
To uninstall the software that was installed using the FVS Software Complete Package or a component installation package, perform the following steps.
- Navigate through the Control Panel to the utility that allows you to remove programs. This could be the Programs / Uninstall a Program utility, or the Programs and Features utility (Windows Vista, 7, and 8) or the Add and Remove Programs utility (Windows XP).
- Select the file(s) to remove: "FVS Software", "TOSS", and/or "FVSStand". Click the "Change/Remove..." or "Uninstall" button. You may have to do this more than once if multiple instances exist.
- Once you have removed previous versions you can continue to install the new software.