These documents are available as additional background information for FVS, related models, and programs.
|Advance FVS Tools for Landscape Planning||03-25-2014||Advance_Topics.pdf||8.7M|
|Comparison of Measured Growth and Mortality Trends to Modeled FVS Projections Relative to Oak Decline Impacts as Observed Over Three FIA Inventory Cycles - Mark Twain National Forest||04-07-2010||MTNF_OD_FVS.pdf||5.9M|
|FVS Validation Protocols||01-21-2010||FVS_Model_Validation_Protocols.pdf||97K|
|Crown Ratio Modeling Using Stand Density Index and the Weibull Distribution||08-28-2000||crownratio.pdf||513K|
|Evaluating Stand Density Management Alternatives using the Forest Vegetation Simulator||06-08-1999||canpap.pdf||73K|
|National Algorithms for Determining Stocking Class, Stand Size Class, and Forest Type for Forest Inventory and Analysis Plots||11-15-2002||Arner2001.pdf||179K|
|A Compendium of NFS Regional Vegetation Classification Algorithms||03-27-2014||NFS_Reg_Veg_Class.pdf||1.6M|
|Rocky Mountain - Vegetative Structural Stage Forest Vegetation Simulator Post Processing Users Guide||03-27-2014||RM_VSS_FVS_Users_Guide_April_2013.pdf||2.6M|
|Rocky Mountain - Vegetative Structural Stage Description and Calculations||03-27-2014||RM_VSS_Description_Calcs_April_2013.pdf||2.2M|
Additional References on Treesearch
These documents are available from the USDA Forest Service's Research and Development Treesearch.
- Calibration of state and transition models with FVS
- Forest carbon estimation using the Forest Vegetation Simulator: Seven things you need to know (GTR-NRS-77)
- Implications of Random Variation in the Stand Prognosis Model (Research Note-INT-394)
- Representing Growth Response to Fertilization in the Prognosis Model for Stand Development (Research Note-INT-392)
- Uses and Abuses of Multipliers in the Stand Prognosis Model (GTR-INT-310)
FVS Validation Subcommittee
In the spring of 2008, the FVS Steering Team created the Validation Subcommittee to establish protocols for variant testing and validation, develop partnerships to perform validation and to suggest and facilitate possible funding sources.