Tree Marking Paint
The Forest Management Staff is involved in activities, improvements, and concerns related to the handling and use of tree-marking paint.
Specification 2400-400b is the USDA Forest Service specification for tree marking paint with tracer. The following document provides more information about the specification.
- USDA Forest Service Specification for Paint, Tree Marking, with Tracer (May 2013) (PDF, 139 KB)
- Qualified Products List for Products Qualified Under USDA Forest Service Specification 2400-400 Paint, Tree-Marking with Tracer (March 2013) (PDF, 14 KB)
Paint Meetings Information
The National Tree Marking Paint Committee meets to discuss activities related to the use, improvements, concerns, and handling of tree marking paint within the Forest Service and the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Land Management.
2016 National Tree Marking Paint Committee Meeting
The next National Tree Marking Paint Committee meeting is tentatively scheduled for the week of June 6 to 10 in Anchorage, Alaska.
Previous National Tree Marking Paint Committee Meetings
- May 21-23, 2013, Charleston, South Carolina (PDF, 159 KB)
- May 15-17, 2012, Flagstaff, Arizona (PDF, 99 KB)
- June 14-16, 2011, Missoula, Montana (PDF, 56 KB)
- May 4-6, 2010, Colorado Springs, Colorado (PDF, 56 KB)
- May 12-14, 2009, Chicago, Illinois (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- May 13-15, 2008, Asheville, North Carolina (PDF, 47 KB)
- May 15-17, 2007, Portland, Oregon (PDF, 46 KB)
- May 16-18, 2006, Eureka, California (PDF, 37 KB)
- May 25 & 26, 2005, Jackson, Wyoming (PDF, 92 KB)
- May 12 & 13, 2004, Hot Springs, Arkansas (PDF, 83 KB)