National Volume Estimator Library (NVEL)
The National Volume Estimator Library (NVEL) is a collection of the standing tree volume estimators used by the Forest Service. The NVEL contains the research publications, descriptions of the implementation process, and the computer source code. The Forest Products Measurement staff maintains the NVEL and makes the information available to all interested parties.
- Excel Volume Functions (Volume_Excel_Functions_20180913_Setup.exe, 09-13-2018, 1 MB)
- Volume Library DLL (VolLibDll20180913.zip, 09-13-2018, 2 MB)
- Volume Tester and Profile Model Visualizer (VolLibTesterSetup_20180913.zip, 09-13-2018, 2 MB)
- Volume Biomass Equation Validation Program (VolEqValidator_20181016.zip, 10-16-2018, 6 MB)
- Volume Equation Numbers
The National Volume Estimator Library uses volume equation numbers to access the volume equations. The volume equation numbers are tied to Region, Forest, and Species. The following Microsoft Word document contains the complete list of volume equation numbers available for use in each Forest Service Region.
- Volume Estimator Library Equations (Volume_Equation_Table_20180913.doc, 09-13-2018, 2 MB)