Forest Service Instagram Photo Challenge
The Forest Service would like to share your creative photographs of U.S. national forests and grasslands.
We know you enjoy visiting our national forests and grasslands in the fall when nature’s beauty is displayed on the changing leaves. While you are sharing this experience with others, share it with us at the Forest Service. With our national platform, the number of views of your photography may dramatically increase. Get the recognition you deserve!
How to submit photos:
To be a contestant, tag and follow the Forest Service Instagram @u.s.forestservice. Hashtag your photos on Instagram with #forestfallcolors2017 and one or more of our categories:
Encourage people to vote on your entries. The top photo entries for each category will become finalists in our Forest Service Fall Colors 2017 photo challenge. The first, second, third place and honorable mentions will be showcased on the Forest Service’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr site.
Submission period: Oct. 1–31, 2017.
All photographs must:
1. Be taken in one of the 154 national forests or 20 grasslands.
2. Be taken by the person submitting the images and who has the rights to those images.
3. Not contain watermarks.
4. Contain a caption of what and where the image is, to include national forest or grassland name and the State.
5. Not be altered except for basic cropping or adjustment to contrast, brightness, or saturation. HDR (High Dynamic Range) is not accepted.
6. Not promote wrongful conduct.
Photography judging criteria:
3. Technical qualities and techniques
By participating in this photo challenge, the photographer agrees to grant the Forest Service the rights to publish his or her image or images on Forest Service social media to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr, as well as on the Forest Service website .
All photographs used by the Forest Service will display a caption and byline of photographer. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.