After arriving in the United States, the visitor must report to their activity site and email the required documents to the IVP Specialist within 48 hours of arrival. The IVP Specialist will validate program participation in the SEVIS system.
If a visitor is not validated in this system within 30 days of the program start date (or 30 days after a transfer effective date), the visitor will be considered a “no show” and program participation is effectively cancelled. If the program is not validated, legal immigration status is pending. Hence, validation within a few days of arrival is extremely important.
To validate program participation, please send the following by email to the Alternate Responsible Officer listed on the DS-2019:
- DS-2019 Form with visitor and consular officer’s signatures
- J-1 Visa in Passport with entry stamp
- I-94 Form (retrieved here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home)
- Residential address in the USA and current contact information
- Health insurance documentation that meets the U.S. Department of State requirements for J-1 visitors