Welcome to the Western Wildland Environmental Threat Assessment Center!
The mission of the Western Wildland Environmental Threat Assessment Center is to generate and integrate knowledge and information to provide credible prediction, early detection, and quantitative assessment of environmental threats in the western United States
Our goals include
- Reducing the likelihood of severe disturbances through better informed management strategies
- Evaluating the effects and consequences of multiple interacting stresses on western wildland health
- Increasing knowledge and understanding of the risks, uncertainties, and/or benefits of multiple environmental stresses on western ecological conditions and socioeconomic values
- Providing science-based decision support tools for policy formulation and land management in the western United States
- Providing land managers with credible predictions of potential severe disturbances in the West with sufficient warning to take preventative actions
Western Wildland Environmental Threat Assessment Center
3160 NE Third St.
Prineville, OR 97754
Fax: (541) 416-6693
Nancy Grulke, Director:
ngrulke [at] fs.fed.us
Nick Tarvin, Program Assistant:
jerryntarvin [at] fs.fed.us