Recreation Advisory Committees
The Federal Land Recreation Enhancement Act gives the Secretaries of Agriculture and Interior authority to establish, modify, charge and collect recreation fees on public lands. The act also requires the establishment of Recreation Resource Advisory Committees.
- Eastern Region Recreation RAC: Covers Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Email Eastern Recreation RAC
- Southern Region Recreation RAC Site: Covers Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Puerto Rico. Email Southern Regional Office.
- Pacific Northwest Recreation RAC: Covers Oregon and Washington. Email Pacific Northwest Regional Office.
- Pacific Southwest Recreation RAC - Covers the state of California. Email Pacific Southwest Regional Office
- Colorado Recreation RAC: Covers Colorado and Kansas. Email Rocky Mountain Region.
Bureau of Land Management Resource Advisory Councils
Forest Service and BLM districts work with certain BLM committees to review and make recommendations on recreation fee proposals. The BLM committees and a link to each are:
- Boise District
- Coeur d'Alene BLM RAC
- Idaho Falls BLM RAC
- Twin Falls BLM RAC
- Mojave-Southern Great Basin
- Northeastern Great Basin
- Sierra Front-Northwestern Great Basin
- New Mexico The Black Kettle, McClellan Creek, and Rita Blanca national grasslands are within this committee.
- North Dakota and South Dakota, except for Black Hills National Forest