News and Events
We will provide information about woody biomass utilization-related news, meetings, conferences, training opportunities, and activities. These may be hosted by the Forest Service, by other government agencies, or by non-governmental organizations. Links to proceedings to conferences and workshops may also be found on this web page.
Please refer to the host's link for contact information.
Biomass Event Calendars
Presentations and Proceedings
- SmallWood 2010: "Bridges, Business and Biomass, April 20-22, 2010, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Timber Recovery and Wood Utilization Response to Wind Events and Disturbances Planning Workshop - April 15, 2008, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Quarterly Interagency Woody Biomass Utilization Group Partnership Meeting - June 9, 2009
- Incentives for Biomass Utilization at the Federal Level (PDF, 0.4 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, at: Can Forests Meet Our Energy Needs, The Future of Forest Biomass in Colorado, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, February 21, 2008.
- Biofuels from Forest-Based Biomass, 2008 AAAS Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, February 18, 2008, Speakers' Presentations
- Sustainability and Bioenergy from Forests (PDF, 1.9 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, Harvesting Green Energy Conference, Fort Collins, CO, January 29, 2008.
- Woody Biomass Utilization (PDF, 1.9 MB) - presentation by Marcia Patton-Mallory, PhD, Biomass and Bioenergy Coordinator, U. S. Forest Service, CSU Biomass Short Course, Fort Collins, CO, January 2008.
- Colorado’s New Energy Economy - The Path Forward, October 30, 2007, Presentations of Speakers
- Making Wood Work: Local Energy Solutions, October 16-18, 2007
- Advancing Renewable Energy Conference, October 10-11, 2006
- Forest Products Society, Past Conferences
- Wood Utilization Solutions to Hazardous Fuels, Washington State University, December 14, 2004, Proceedings
- Healthy Landscapes, Thriving Communities: Bioenergy & Wood Products Conference January 20-22, 2004