USDA Forest Service Celebrating Wildflowers
Threatened, Endangered, and Proposed (TEP) Plant Profile
California taraxacum flower head and phyllaries (involucre bracts). Photo by Scott Eliason, San Bernardino National Forest.
Taraxacum californicum flower head and buds. Photo by Scott Eliason, San Bernardino National Forest.
Taraxacum californicum range map.
Taraxacum californicum, California taraxacum
Visit the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Species Profile link below for links to listing and other USFWS documents.
- Loss and degradation of habitat from urban and recreational development
- Fragmentation from ORV traffic,
- Grazing by livestock and feral burros
- Hybridization with invasive, co-occurring, non-native dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- Competition from invasive plants
National Forest and Grassland Occurrence
U.S. Forest Service
1400 Independence Ave., SW, Mailstop Code: 1103
Washington DC 20250-1103
Last modified: Wednesday, 13-Oct-2010 14:36:47 EDT