Threatened, Endangered, and Proposed (TEP) Plant Profile
Penstemon haydenii. Photo by Tim Griffin.
Penstemon haydenii habitat. Photo by Tim Griffin.
Penstemon haydenii range map.
Penstemon haydenii, blowout beardtongue
Visit the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Species Profile link below for links to listing and other USFWS documents.
- Loss of its bare habitat by stabilization and succession of Sandhills prairie plants
- Elimination of fire from the Sandhills ecosystem
- Damage or death from off-road vehicle use or repeated years of livestock grazing
- Infrequent favorable conditions for seed germination and establishment
- Dispersal problems due to great distances between populations
National Forest and Grassland Occurrence
Even the toughest customer needs a little help now and then…
”Sand dunes can be very hot or cold, dry and windy - a pretty tough place for most plants to thrive.”
Download panel (PDF, 488 KB)…