Threatened, Endangered, and Proposed (TEP) Plant Profile
Helianthus schweinitzii. Photo by Gary Kaufmann.
Helianthus schweinitzii habitat, Piedmont longleaf pine. Photo by Gary Kaufmann.
Helianthus schweinitzii range map.
Helianthus schweinitzii, Schweinitz’s sunflower
Schweinitz’s sunflower is currently known from roadsides, power line clearings, old pastures, woodland openings, and other sunny to semi-sunny situations.
Visit the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Species Profile link below for links to listing and other USFWS documents.
- Reduction in natural disturbance from fire and grazing by native herbivores
- Residential and industrial development
- Encroachment by exotic species
- Highway construction and improvement
- Roadside and utility right-of-way maintenance
National Forest and Grassland Occurrence