- U.S. Forest Service Conservation Education
- Celebrating wildflowers through art! (PDF)
- Wildflower conservation (PDF)
- Pizza and plants (PDF)
- Shopping! How do wildflowers contribute to what you eat! (PDF)
- Plants Alive (PDF)
- What is a wildflower (PDF)
- Wildflower parts (PDF)
- Pollinators (PDF)
- Bees as pollinators (PDF)
- Pollinator Field Guides (PDF)
- Wildflower Classification (PDF)
- State Flowers (PDF)
- Wildflower poetry (PDF)
- Region 4 Celebrating Wildflowers Learning Program (PDF)
National Gardening Association's KidsGardening.org
The National Gardening Association's mission is to promote home, school, and community gardening as a means to renew and sustain the essential connections between people, plants and the environment. KidsGardening.org is a resource of the National Gardening Association to make available free educational plant-based materials, grants, and resources that speak to young minds, educators, youth and community organizations, and the general gardening public in five core areas: education, health and wellness, environmental stewardship, community development, and home gardening.
The Pollinator Partnership’s mission is to promote the health of pollinators, critical to food and ecosystems, through conservation, education, and research. Signature initiatives include the NAPPC (North American Pollinator Protection Campaign), National Pollinator Week, and theEcoregional Planting Guides. The Pollinator Partnership provides numerous educational resources and events to foster an understanding and relationship with our valuable pollinators.
Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum
The mission of the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is to inspire people to live in harmony with the natural world by fostering love, appreciation, and understanding of the Sonoran Desert.
- What’s the buzz on native bees? (PDF)
- Native Bee Student Handout (PDF)
- Teacher Answer Sheet (PDF)
- Bee Model (PDF)
- Bats, Birds, Bees & Blossoms (PDF)
- Bats, Birds, Bees & Blossoms Handout (PDF)
- Adaptation Cards Student Handout (PDF)
Pollinator Mania Earth Day Event 2013
Posted August 7, 2013
The playground is buzzing with running and laughing children. One group of kids is slowing down and shouting, “We need more nectar, we're dying!”
On the 26th of April, the Philipsburg School [Montana] held an Earth Day event and students participated in informative pollinator programs, one of which was the game, Pollinator Mania.
- Montana Wildflowers 2010 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
The Helena National Forest, in cooperation with the partners of the Montana Discovery Foundation and the Kelsey Chapter of the Montana Native Plant Society, working with area teachers, developed this publication to encourage students to read the myths and legends regarding native plants.
The goal of PollinatorLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure is to meet national science education standards and promote conservation action through education and awareness.
- WILDFLOWERS, FERNS, and TREES of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah
Al Schneider's website for the identification and appreciation of mountain and desert flora.