Threatened, Endangered, and Proposed (TEP) Plant Profile
Minuartia cumberlandensis, Cumberland sandwort
Arenaria cumberlandensis is restricted to sandstone rock within the Big South Fork watershed of the Cumberland River.
Visit the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Species Profile link below for links to listing and other USFWS documents.
- Listed as: Arenaria cumberlandensis
- PLANTS Database Name: Minuartia cumberlandensis
- Listed Endangered 1988
- Recovery Plan 1996 (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Trampling by hikers, campers, picnickers, individuals rappelling down sandstone cliffs, and collectors digging illegally for Native American artifacts
- Timber removal in or adjacent to Cumberland sandwort sites, resulting in increased sunlight on the plants subsequent alteration of moisture conditions