Threatened, Endangered, and Proposed (TEP) Plant Profile
Helianthus schweinitzii, Schweinitz’s sunflower
Schweinitz’s sunflower is currently known from roadsides, power line clearings, old pastures, woodland openings, and other sunny to semi-sunny situations.
Visit the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Species Profile link below for links to listing and other USFWS documents.
- Listed Endangered 1991
- Recovery Plan 1994 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Reduction in natural disturbance from fire and grazing by native herbivores
- Residential and industrial development
- Encroachment by exotic species
- Highway construction and improvement
- Roadside and utility right-of-way maintenance