Threatened, Endangered, and Proposed (TEP) Plant Profile
Hackelia venusta, showy stickseed
Visit the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Species Profile link below for links to listing and other USFWS documents.
- Listed Endangered 2002
- Recovery Plan 2007 (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Physical disturbance to the plants and habitat by humans
- Mass wasting (landslides)
- Competition and shading from native trees and shrubs, or encroachment by nonnative noxious weed species
- Fire suppression and associated activities
- Low seedling establishment
- Highway maintenance activities
- Only one population known. A single catastrophic event could lead to the extinction of the species.