Project Liaison Officer, Forest Service Regions 6 and 10, External Agreements, and Other Enterprise Units
- Interdisciplinary Team Leader
- Project Coordination
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Compliance
- NEPA Instructor
- Appeals and Litigation Process Management
- Writing and Editing
- Employee development
- Meeting facilitation and coordination
- Employee training and coordination
- Program management
- WCF agreement development and management
- Interagency and Intra-agency project negotiations
Bachelor of Science, Forestry, Michigan State University
- Patty has been part of the Forest Service National Teaching Cadre since 1992 as an instructor for Forest Planning and NEPA, 1900-1.
Patty started her career working with the Forest Service on a forest inventory and analysis crew and then in timber sale planning and preparation with the State of Michigan and also with Proctor & Gamble Cellulose Corporation. Since 1991, she has worked primarily in Forest Service planning and NEPA process management and compliance. Prior to joining TEAMS in 2005, she worked for the National Forests in Florida and the Hiawatha National Forest.
She has developed public involvement plans, has extensive writing and editing experience including technical writing abilities, prepared appeals and litigation reports, taught 1900-1 Forest Plan Implementation since 1992 and has been responsible for project coordination and completion for much of her career.
Patty has been an Interdisciplinary Team Leader on environmental assessments and environmental impact statements for timber management, prescribed burning, powerlines, pipelines, hardrock prospecting, coal mining, bridge replacement, Special Uses and non-motorized trails. She has also served as a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) coordinator, Forest Planner, Forest NEPA Coordinator and Forest Silviculturist. Patty also worked in the private sector and for the State of Michigan.