Project Liaison Officer, Forest Operations
Mobile: 559-359-5771 (PST)
- Logging Systems Specialist
- Timber Sale Administration
- Service Contract Administration
- Project Valuation and Economics
- Forest Service Representative Qualified
- Forest Service Regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10 Check Cruiser
- Contracting Officer Representative III
- Bachelor of Science in Timber Management, University of California, Berkeley
- 2002 Forest Products Person of the Year, for Development of Region 10 NEPA Economic Analysis Tool
Mike has taught Logging Systems at the Sale Area Harvest Layout Institute. He has trained project planners in Forest Service Region 10 (Alaska) to design economically viable timber sales. Mike trained Region 10 timber sale appraisers to use a new Transactional Evidence Appraisal System.
Mike has worked in timber sale planning, preparation, and administration since 1980. He has served as logging systems specialist on dozens of project interdisciplinary teams for salvage, green, forest health, and hazardous fuels reduction projects. He is a qualified Forest Service representative. He has served as project manager for layout, cruise, and contract package preparation projects.
Mike developed the economic
analysis tool used in Forest Service Region 10 for timber sale planning,
and is currently updating the tool based on the region’s needs.
Mike has worked with TEAMS since 2002.