- Biology Field Operations
- Rare Plant Surveys
- Timber Stand Exams/Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA)
- Vegetation Mapping and Monitoring
- Technical Report Writing and Graphics
- Fire Behavior and Fire Effects Monitoring
- Nonnative Invasive Plant Management
- Wetland Restoration
- Wildlife Management/Radio telemetry
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of California at Davis
- Natural resource-related work at University of California at Davis, and University of Montana
- Weed Identification Guidebook for Mojave National Preserve
- 2011 Forest Service Region One Weed List
- FIDO Orientation Webinar - FIDO is the latest online system through which the USDA-FS Forest Inventory and Analysis database is accessed and queried.
- Certified to monitor fire (ICS code:FEMO) 2005-2008
- Red Card for arduous duty fire work issued April 2012
- Permitted to trap and radiocollar San Joaquin kit foxes (federally endangered, California threatened species) under expired U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and California Department of Fish and Game permits.
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) Courses:
Fire Refresher, Shelter Drill, Arduous duty pack test, May 2009
S-280 (Followership to Leadership)
RX310 (Introduction to Fire Effects)
S-203 (Introduction to Incident Information)
S-244 (Field Observer)
S-131 (Advanced Firefighting/Squad Boss)
S-211 (Pumps and Water Use)
S-212 (Power Saws)
S-290 (Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior)
- Forest Resources of the Nez Perce National Forest. Report is available at http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/ogden/pdfs/nez_perce.pdf
- Disney, M. and L.K. Spiegel. Sources and rates of San Joaquin kit fox mortatlity in western Kern County. Transacations of the Western Section of the Wildlife Society 28:73-82; 1992.
Michele has worked as a botanist, forestry, range and wildlife technician since beginning her career with the Federal Government in 1997. Prior to that time, she worked as an analyst and wildlife biologist for the California Energy Commission. Michele has expertise working throughout the Rocky Mountain States, the Intermountain West, the Desert Southwest, the Cascades, the Ozarks, and the California Floristic Province. Michele began working for TEAMS in May 2010.