Maple A. Taylor
- Technical and creative writing
- Editing and Proofreading
- Rewriting for Clarity, Brevity, and Easy Reading
- Document Layout and Design
- Bachelor of Science, Wildlife Science, New Mexico State University
- Masters of Science, Wildlife Ecology, Texas Tech University
- 2002 Olympic Arts Festival Land That We Love Writing Contest
- Wildlife Society Publication Award; Orvis Nature Writing Contest
- USDA Equal Opportunity Essay Winner
- Four U.S. Department of the Interior Star Awards (for writing-editing
multi-volume Environmental Inpact Statements)
- Recognized in Sporting Classics, Bugle and the National Park
Service’s Courier for the literary merit of his outdoor
Maple has published research articles in Journal of Wildlife Management, Journal of Range Management, Southwestern Naturalist, National Park Service's Courier, Colorado State University's Waterline, Colorado Conservator, and Colorado Outdoors. He has also published feature articles and short stories in Gray’s Sporting Journal, American Way, The Denver Post Empire Magazine, Sporting Classics, Field & Stream, Bugle, The Idaho Horseman, and numerous other magazines. Two of his stories have appeared in the anthologies, Land that we love: Americans talk about their public lands (2002 Olympic Arts Festival), and Majestic elk (Voyageur Press).
Maple's writing and editing
includes a variety of documents and publications, such as National
Environmental Policy Act documents, web content for the Forest Service
Intranet, and environmental management system plans and checklists.
Maple has worked with TEAMS since 2005.