Bruce D. Higgins
Project Liaison Officer Regions 1, 4, & 6
- Interdisciplinary (ID) Team Leader
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Coordination and Compliance
- Writing and Editing
- Forest Health Analysis
- Forest Service Regions 1, 4, 6, 9 Silviculturist
- Associate of Science in Forest Technology, Sierra College
- Bachelor of Science, Forest and Business Management, University of Idaho
Bruce has worked for the Forest Service within Regions 1, 4, 5, 6, and 9, both as a silviculturist and as ID team leader. As a silviculturist, Bruce has designed prescriptions for vegetation management on large forest landscapes. Depending on the objective for a forest landscape, he uses prescriptions such as timber harvest, prescribed burning, and/or reforestation (planting trees). Bruce focuses his analysis on the long-term forest health, and uses computer modeling, GIS and other tools to prescribe treatment.
Bruce is highly skilled in NEPA compliance. He has participated as an ID team member and leader, and in a previous capacity held a position as a district NEPA coordinator.
Bruce has worked with TEAMS since 2004.