Barbara A.F. Ott
- Social and Economic Analysis
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Process and Compliance
- Proficient at IMPLAN and Quicksilver
- Masters of Science, Management and Emphasis in Public Administration and Rural
- Community Development, Colorado State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Chadron State College
- National Leadership Award for Rural Community Assistance from the Chief, USFS, 1995.
- Ott, B. 1995. Final Rosebud/Ashland community development plan: Moving toward a brighter future, 1995. (Rural Economic Development Plan for Ashland, Montana)
- Ott, B. 1995. Planning a step by step revitalization, women in natural resources
Barb has conducted social and economic analyses for National Forest Management Act (NFMA) and NEPA compliance since 1995. She worked five years as a core member of the forest plan revision team for the Uinta National Forest and two years as an interdisciplinary team member for the forest plan revision of the Hiawatha National Forest.
Barb's breadth of experience has spanned all nine regions of the Forest Service. She has also provided review of social and economic analyses for resource management plans and projects, providing and technical advice and recommendations to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and BLM policy. Additionally, she has conducted a social and economic analysis of reservoir operations and management on the Upper Mississippi River for the Corps of Engineers.
Barb researched, developed, and wrote the Rosebud/Ashland Community Development Plan, 1994-1999. Later, she accepted responsibilities as chairperson of the Ashland Community Action Team for the community of Ashland, Montana. Prior to that, she spent 15 years working in business management for the Black Hills and White River National Forests.
Barb has received rave reviews for her abilities to coordinate and communicate both internally and externally regarding projects and has been recognized for her high quality and timely work.
Barb has worked with TEAMS since 2004.