Frederick (August) Wright
Common Stand Exam (CSE) surveys and data management
Forest Inventory Analysis (FIA) survey and data management
Timber Cruising, Timber Marking, Layout, Boundary Painting
- Forest Service Cruiser, Fuel Removal on Steep Slopes, Virtual Teams Builder
- First Responder, First Aid/CPR
- Programming, North Seattle Community College
- Associate Arts, Forestry Technology, Chemeketa Community College, Salem, OR
- Associate Arts, Computer Programming, North Seattle Community College, Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Science, American Literature, German, and Philosophy Heidelberg University, Germany
- Forest Service CSE/FSVeg Programs
August has worked in many facets of timber management and timber sale inspection, including timber cruising, marking, stand exams, stocking surveys, and layout. As a member of TEAMS, he has worked on a variety of projects, many as project lead, throughout the western U.S. and Alaska. Prior to his life with TEAMS, he was employed by several research teams on projects ranging from Alaska to New Mexico and points in between.
He started working with the Forest Service in 1983, taking a brief sojourn with the U.S. Army in Germany. While in Germany, he pursued degrees in both language and literature at Heidelberg University, and taught English to German-speaking adults.
August has worked with TEAMS since 2002.