GIS Technician Contractor
- Creating high quality maps for NEPA documents
- GIS analysis
- Design of posters and Powerpoint presentations for public display
- Working with a wide variety of specialties and personalities
- First Place 2008 Kids in the Woods Photo Contest. Category: Caring for the Land also received two honorable mentions
- Outstanding Rating and QSI on Performance 2007. Teams Enterprise and the Montpelier Ranger District recognized outstanding contributions to the Enterprise Program. Cheryl reached a superior rating in all categories of work including quality, timeliness, and collaboration
- Two Chiefs Partnership Award. The San Jacinto Ranger District and partners received the Two Chiefs Partnership Award in recognition of agencies working collaboratively to support conservation and forest stewardship. The Highway 74 Evacuation Route Project was completed in less than two months by TEAMS. December 2006
- Group Honor Award for Excellence. For outstanding professionalism, interdisciplinary teamwork, and creativity to make emergency repairs of catastrophic damages to natural resources and dependent local communities from major fires and floods. June 1996. From Secretary of Agriculture
- Certificate of Merit: In recognition of outstanding service as a GIS Specialist for hazardous reduction projects during FY 05 and 06. As a member of the TEAMS planning group, dedication, persistence and overall tremendous effort resulted in assessment, analysis, and NEPA documentation for 34,200 acres during unusually challenging circumstances. April 2006. From District Ranger San Jacinto Ranger District, San Bernardino National Forest.
Cheryl has worked on an ISA (individual service contract) with TEAMS since 2004. She has worked for the Forest Service since 1992 gaining varied and valuable GIS experience in the field of natural resource management. Cheryl has spent a lot of time in the field doing such tasks as marking and cruising timber, fish inventories, watershed restoration projects, invasive weed treatments, rangeland inventories and monitoring. She also has experience with Forest Service databases, such as TERRA and FACTS. Cheryl has been involved with several large project fires and BAER efforts in the past. All these experiences when combined with her GIS skills make her an effective and productive GIS specialist.
Cheryl has had the good fortune to work on some great projects. The breadth and depth of experience she has gained working on such a wide array of projects, with so many team leaders and in so many different areas is one of the greatest assets she brings to future clients.