Use only letters, numbers, question marks, exclamation
points, and dashes.
- Search words are used exactly as entered:
- Two words with a space between them will locate
an item that contains exactly "first word space second
- If you search titles for "work tests," you will
not find any documents.
- If you search for "tests," you will find the document "Work
Capacity Tests for Wildland Firefighters Test Administrator's
- Plurals can be a problem:
- If you search titles for "trails," you will not
get documents with "trail" in the title.
- If you search titles for "trail," you will get
documents with either "trail" or "trails" in the
- Author searches work best using just the last
- A search for "Sharkey" returns all MTDC documents
published by Dr. Brian Sharkey.
- A search for "Brian Sharkey" returns no documents.
- Year search is the four-digit year a document,
drawing, video, CD or Web site was published or completed.
- Keyword searches include words in the title as
well as specific keywords. Keywords have only been assigned
to MTDC documents since 1996:
- Keywords are chosen using the CAB Thesaurus of
technical terms for guidance.
- We always include terms and spellings preferred
by the thesaurus, but also include standard American
spellings and specialized terms that are not in the