We provide technical support to Forest Service Fire and Aviation
Management (F&AM) on matters relating to fire chemical products by:
- Developing and administering submission procedures
and specifications for evaluation of wildland fire chemical products
submitted by private industry.
- Maintaining Qualified Products Lists (QPL) of fire
chemicals products that have been evaluated and meet Forest Service
- Providing technical and product information on wildland
fire chemical products to field firefighters and the public.
- Monitoring fire chemical products purchased under
the contract through the Lot Acceptance and Quality
Assurance Program (LAQA).
- Protecting the safety of fire fighting personnel,
the general public, and the environment.
- Working to solve problems that have a wide-ranging impact
on the wildland fire fighting effort.