The Safety & Health training series is designed to help employees satisfy their minimum safety and health training requirements.
- Defensive Horse Safety
- Methamphetamine in the Forest: Safety and Awareness Training
- Occupational Safety and Health Training for Collateral Duty Safety and Health Personnel and Committee Members
1960: Occupational Safety & Health Training for Supervisors
This presentation partially satisfies the minimum safety and health training requirements for supervisors (and managers) in the Forest Service, as prescribed by law (29 CFR 1960.55).
- Safety & Health
Training for Contracting Officer's Representatives and Inspectors
This presentation provides supplemental training for Forest Service employees whose duties include administering contracts.
- Facilities Safety & Health
These guides illustrate occupational safety and health standards commonly violated in the Forest Service work place:
- OSHA Compliance Training Guide
- Identification of and Solutions to Unsafe Working Conditions in Forest Service Facilities
- OSHA Compliance Training Guide
- Click on the link for the appropriate zip file (above). Depending on the Internet browser you are using, choose Save Target As or Save Link As
- Choose to save the zip file to any location on your ocmputer, sucha s C:\downloads\training. The zip file is a compressed file that contains serveral different files needed for the trainig session. The individual files msut be uncompressed (extracted) before the training program will function properly (see next step).
- Navigate to the folder on your computer where you saved the downloaded zip file, and double-click the file with an extension of .zip). This will open a WinZip window listing the names of all files that are included in the zip file. Click the Extract icon and select the folder where you want WinZip to Extract to: (i.e., where you want the files to be stored on your computer, such as C:\training\safety\supervisors).
- If you want to run the PowerPoint training directly from your computer, navigate to the folder where you extracted the training files and double-click on the file name that has an extension of .pps (e.g., sh_trng1.pps). The training program should begin automatically on any computer that has the Microsoft PowerPoint program installed. If you do not have PowerPoint on your computer, you can download the free PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft. (You will need administrative rights to install the PowerPoint Viewer on a Forest Service computer. Please ask your local computer specialist for help.
- If you prefer to run the HTML version of this training from your computer, open your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Mozilla), then select File, Open (from the menu at the top of your browser window), and Browse to the folder where you extracted the training files. Select to open the file entitled index.htm under the html folder.
- Some of the training attachments (linked in these training programs) are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Click the Adobe icon below to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader if the Acrobat Reader software is not already installed on your computer.
If you have questions or problems with the above procedures, contact email@example.com, or call Damien Hoffman at (406) 829-6751.