Wolf, Jerry . 2008. T&D News: Number 1, 2008. 0871 2819. Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Missoula Technology and Development Center. 18 p.
This issue of T&D News describes projects that are underway and finished products that are available at the Forest Service's Missoula and San Dimas Technology and Development Centers. Topics in this issue include:
- Horse Sense
- Meth: Hidden Danger in the Woods
- Safety Online Video Tips
- What Is That Itch?
- Tests Prove Chloride Materials Stabilize Surface Aggregate
- Secrets to Selecting Cost-Effective Erosion Control Treatments
- Maintaining Roads While Protecting Plants
- When To Choose Remote Monitoring Control Systems
- Changes in Water Use at Recreation Areas
- Fuel Cell Failure and Success
- A Gutter Cleaner Can Help Protect Whitebark Pine Cones
- Weather Stations Without Sticker Shock
- Fire Shelter Field Test on DVD
- Collecting, Storing, and Transporting Fuel Moisture Samples
- DataRAM 4 Smoke Monitor Training Available
- Burned Area Emergency Response Treatments Catalog (BAERCAT)
- Sharing Strategies for Designing Low-Water Stream Crossings
- The Federal Surface Transportation Program: What's in It for the Forest Service?
- Trail Notebook Gets a Facelift
- Vehicle Barriers: Their Use and Planning Considerations
- Training for Motorized Mixed Use Analysis on DVD
- New Faces at SDTDC and MTDC
Keywords: crossing structures, data loggers, design flows, engineering analysis, equipment development, equipment evaluation, fuel cells, Highway Safety Act, monitoring, NEPA, nurseries, red squirrels, restoration, safety at work, trail maintenance, transportation, water systems
These files are best for printing:
View 300 dpi PDF (11004 kb)
If you experience problems using the 300 dpi PDF file, use the lower resolution dpi PDF files if they are listed.
View PDF (2422 kb)