The Western Collective will facilitate overall coordination and collaboration of Sustainable Operations practices throughout R1, R2, R3, R4, R6, and RMRS while providing the management and leadership climate to ensure such activities and practices are successful. Through leadership and example, the Board will work to educate and network with others connected to Federal Agency operations in reducing our environmental footprint, while simultaneously advancing the principles of sustainability.
- Incorporate and maintain long-term programs, practices, tools, and policies that integrate environmental footprint principles throughout the organization by removing barriers and promoting the use of appropriate technologies;
- Institute a culture that emphasizes education, rewards positive actions, and reconizes achievements that reduce our environmental footprint in long lasting ways;
- Integrate environmental footprint considerations into daily decisions, habits, planning and operations; and
- Increase capacity and capabilities to implement Sustainable Operations throughout the organization.
- 2011 Sustainable Operations Accomplishments
- Western Collective & Sustainable Operations 2011 Communications Report
- Western Collective Questionnaire Report- May 2011: Western Collective Questionnaire Report: Communications Findings and Recommendations
- 2010 Sustainable Operations Accomplishment Report - Western Collective
- Western Collective Charter
- Western Collective Application for Funds
- This document is the Western Collective application for funds for sustainable operations training.
- Western Colelctive Application Guidelines
- This document outlines the guidelines for filling out the Western Collective application for funds for sustainable training and the expectations for action once the training is completed with WC funds.
- Region 5 Joins the Sustainable Operations Western Collective [PDF]
- The Western Collective - Presentation for 2009 Sustainable Operations Summit
- Chief Review Brief - Moving Forward on Implementing Sustainable Operations: Employing a West-wide Culture of Sustainable Practices
- Wind Repository Website
- The goal is to compile as many resources as possible about wind energy on National Forest System land.
- Eco-Drivers Manual
- Fleet Mileage Poster Template
- A template Units can use to display MPGs of their fleet vehicles
Last Modified: 04/10/2012