You are here: Home Service First Locations Utah
Know a SF Instance we missed? Please Email us!
Central Utah Interagency Fire Center/Richfield Field Office
- Service First Agencies: BLM Richfield and Fillmore Field Offices and FS Fishlake NationalForest.
- Activities: Fire and Dispatch; Shared positions.
- Contact: Wayne Wetzel, Field Manager, 435-896-1501
- Additional Information: The main FS office is across the street from the BLM office. In the BLM office, also known as the Central Utah Interagency Fire Center, FS and BLM fire and dispatch crews share space. Currently there are no shared positions. The office shares money in two instances: BLM Tribal Consultation, which is partially funded by the FS, and FS Trail Coordination on the Paiute-Great Western ATVs Trail, which is partially funded by the BLM. The Fire crews have integrated trucks (mixed BLM and FS crews on a BLM fire truck), though the employees are designated in either agency, and are not co-funded.
Management of the Upper Green River
- Service First Agencies: Ashley National Forest and Vernal Field Office.
- Activities: River Management.
- Contact: Michael Stiewig, Field Manager, 435-781-4400
- Additional Information: The Green River corridor lies in the jurisdiction of both FS and BLM and is a very high use area. Both agencies recognize that field enforcement and administration is critical to the successful management of the corridor and joint management is the best practice. Each agency provides at least one river ranger to patrol the river corridor and typically the rangers patrol together. Recreation-related Special Use Permits (FS) and Special Recreation Permits (BLM) for outfitting and guiding on the Upper Green River are also cooperatively managed.