You are here: Home Service First Locations Nevada
Know a SF Instance we missed? Please Email us!
- Service First Agencies: BLM Southern Nevada District, FWS Desert National Wildlife Refuge Complex, NPS Lake Mead National Recreation Area, and FS Spring Mountain National Recreation Area.
- Additional Participating Organizations: The Public Lands Institute at UNLV, Outside Las Vegas Foundation, & Friends of Nevada Wilderness.
- Activities: Collocation; Shared resources and expertise; Shared projects.
- Contacts: Kate Hanson, Executive Director, SNAP, 702-293-8951
- Additional Information: SNAP's four partner agencies manage more than 10 million acres of public lands which in many places have adjacent jurisdictions. Three of the four partner agencies (the BLM, FWS and FS) are co-located in Las Vegas. The fourth agency (NPS) is nearby in Boulder City. The agencies have pooled funding for an executive director, and some additional shared positions are supported on a short-term basis by project-specific funding. Staff hired by one agency are sometimes based in another agency's office. Ten interagency teams meet regularly to coordinate agency activities and carry out projects. The teams focus on: cross-jurisdictional law enforcement, clean-up of dump sites on public lands, delivery of shared educational initiatives, habitat restoration, wilderness planning and stewardship, joint volunteer recruitment and management, coordinated research, protection of cultural sites, recreation planning and management, and data-sharing.