You are here: Home Service First Locations Arizona/Utah
Know a SF Instance we missed? Please Email us!
BLM's National Training Center
- Service First Agencies: BLM and FS.
- Additional Participating Organizations: General Services Administration, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and Department of Defense.
- Activities: Lands and Realty Specialists Training; Recreation Special Uses; Industry Training.
- Kathy Ollom, 602-906-5590
- Mary Jo Yoas, 602-906-5533
- Additional Information: The Bureau of Land Management's National Training Center (NTC) started in 1969 as the Lands and Minerals School and has evolved into a national training facility for a wide variety of training courses. Courses are offered in a variety of formats to meet today's needs. The NTC has secured the ability to offer college credit for several of its course offerings through an agreement with the American Council on Education (ACE). A course catalog is available through DOILearn. Courses include:
- Beginning Lands and Realty
- Beginning Right-of-way Processing
- Intermediate Land Tenure
- Environmental Site Assessment for Assistant Environmental Professionals
- Complex Land Tenure Adjustments
- Withdrawals Beyond Mechanics
- Electric Systems Short Course
- Pipeline Systems Short Course
- National Lands Training for Line Officers and Program Managers
- Communication Site Management
Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument
- Service First Agencies: BLM Arizona Strip District and NPS Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument.
- Activities: Collocation; Shared resources and expertise.
- Rosie Pepito, Superintendent, 435-688-3226
- Pamela McAlpin, Monument Manager, 435-688-3202
- Additional Information: This is a collocated office. An important collaboration at GC-P NM under Service First authority is law enforcement: rangers are cross-delegated to provide resource protection and emergency services. The NPS give their expertise to the BLM to assist with historic preservation, curatorial management, ethnographic studies, resource protection, and education programs. BLM provides the NPS range management expertise, tribal coordination, commercial and special use permitting, and initial attack wildland response for NPS lands. Among other forms of cooperation, the agencies have teamed together and pooled resources to implement educational and historic preservation programs for Southern Paiute youth and conduct exotic plant management in the Monument. There are currently three intra-agency agreements for projects where the BLM is paying the NPS.
Safford Field Office
- Service First Agencies: BLM Gila District and FS Coronado National Forest, Safford Ranger District
- Activities: Collocation; Shared positions.
- Scott Cooke, BLM Field Manager, 928-348-4400
- Lance Brady, Assistant Field Manager, 928-348-4426
- Kailee Schmittlein, FS Business Management Officer, 928-348-1965
- Additional Information: This building is co-located with the BLM and FS and has a shared front desk. This office also shares two employees: a FS Safety Officer (funded ½ FS and ½ BLM) and a BLM Public Affairs Officer (approximately a quarter coming from BLM funding).