You are here: Home Resources & Tools Information Technology FS IT Access
IT Access for non-Forest Service Federal Employees
In order to access Forest Service Information Technology (FS IT) systems, non-Forest Service employees must have an identity record input in the Person Model database.
- FS supervisor completes the Person Model Login Request Form.
- Email completed form to the local contact with Person Model "Data Entry" role. Note: If you do not have this role or know of someone on your local unit with this role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting help identifying a local contact. We will need to know your Forest Service region number and local unit number (e.g., 0210 = Arapaho-Roosevelt NF, 0604 = Malheur NF) in order to help.
- This record is assigned to the corresponding Service First agreement number (this is done by a person with the "Sponsor" role):
- For BLM employees - MOUBLMWO850200605
- For FWS employees - 982106N035
- For NPS employees - NPS1443MU2601001
Important: When making the assignment to one of the above agreements, do not check the LincPass required box. Other non-USDA federal employees should have a Personal Identity Verification card from their agency.
- Once the identity record is entered and assigned to an agreement, a Person ID number will be issued.
- FS supervisor completes the ID Profile Request form on the
Customer Help Desk web site using the Person ID number issued to the non-FS employee. Note: the request form and the Customer Help Desk web site require an eAuth username and password for access.
- Requesting and recertifying the FS IT access must be done by a FS employee who has working relationship to the non-FS employee.
Specific steps for entering identity records and making assignments can be found at the HRM link below within the quick start guide: