You are here: Home Resources & Tools Information Technology FS IT Access
IT Access for non-Forest Service Federal Employees
The links in the graphic and text below are to internal Forest Service web sites. Employees of non-USDA agencies will need to have their FS supervisor or colleague download the forms and information on their behalf.
In order to access Forest Service Information Technology (FS IT) systems, non-Forest Service employees must have an identity record input in the Person Model database.
- FS supervisor completes the Person Model Login Request Form.
- Email completed form to the local contact with Person Model "Data Entry" role. Note: If you do not have this role or know of someone on your local unit with this role, please send an email to email@example.com requesting help identifying a local contact. We will need to know your Forest Service region number and local unit number (e.g., 0210 = Arapaho-Roosevelt NF, 0604 = Malheur NF) in order to help.
- This record is assigned to the corresponding Service First agreement number (this is done by a person with the "Sponsor" role):
- For BLM employees - MOUBLMWO850200605
- For FWS employees - 982106N035
- For NPS employees - NPS1443MU2601001
Important: When making the assignment to one of the above agreements, do not check the LincPass required box. Other non-USDA federal employees should have a Personal Identity Verification card from their agency.
- Once the identity record is entered and assigned to an agreement, a Person ID number will be issued.
- FS supervisor completes the ID Profile Request form on the
Customer Help Desk web site using the Person ID number issued to the non-FS employee. Note: the request form and the Customer Help Desk web site require an eAuth username and password for access.
- Requesting and recertifying the FS IT access must be done by a FS employee who has working relationship to the non-FS employee.
Specific steps for entering identity records and making assignments can be found at the HRM link below within the quick start guide: