You are here: Home [GRAPHIC: Right Arrow] Resources & Tools [GRAPHIC: Right Arrow] Information Technology [GRAPHIC: Right Arrow] FS IT Access

IT Access for non-Forest Service Federal Employees

The links in the graphic and text below are to internal Forest Service web sites. Employees of non-USDA agencies will need to have their FS supervisor or colleague download the forms and information on their behalf.

[GRAPHIC: Steps for requesting Forest Service computer access for non-Forest Service employees.] [LINK: Form for requesting person ID number.] [LINK: Form for requesting person ID number.] [LINK: Open an email to request information about the local contact for Person Model.] [LINK: Forest Service customer help desk profile request form.] [LINK: Forest Service customer help desk web site.] [LINK: Forest Service customer help desk profile request form.]

In order to access Forest Service Information Technology (FS IT) systems, non-Forest Service employees must have an identity record input in the Person Model database.

  1. FS supervisor completes the Person Model Login Request Form.
  2. Email completed form to the local contact with Person Model "Data Entry" role. Note: If you do not have this role or know of someone on your local unit with this role, please send an email to requesting help identifying a local contact. We will need to know your Forest Service region number and local unit number (e.g., 0210 = Arapaho-Roosevelt NF, 0604 = Malheur NF) in order to help.

Important: When making the assignment to one of the above agreements, do not check the LincPass required box. Other non-USDA federal employees should have a Personal Identity Verification card from their agency.

  1. Once the identity record is entered and assigned to an agreement, a Person ID number will be issued.
  2. FS supervisor completes the ID Profile Request form on the
    Customer Help Desk web site using the Person ID number issued to the non-FS employee. Note: the request form and the Customer Help Desk web site require an eAuth username and password for access.
    • Requesting and recertifying the FS IT access must be done by a FS employee who has working relationship to the non-FS employee.

Specific steps for entering identity records and making assignments can be found at the HRM link below within the quick start guide:


Joan Guilfoyle
Service First Coordinator

Bureau of Indian Affairs
Bureau of Indian Education
Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
Bureau of Reclamation
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement
Forest Service
National Park Service
Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement
US Fish and Wildlife Service
US Geological Survey