You are here: Home Resources & Tools Evaluations & Reports
Evaluations and Reports
Committee Report on Service First
In the FY 2012 House Report (No. 112-151), the Committee requested a joint report from the Department of the Interior and the Forest Service on the Service First initiative, including recommendations to improve its effectiveness, estimated performance metrics, cost savings to date, and examples of successful use.
- Service First: A Report August 27, 2013 (374 KB PDF)
Service First Learning Journey to Oregon
During September 20-24, 2010, a team of State, field and National Operations Center personnel from Colorado, and the Service First National Coordinator, visited three BLM/US Forest Service (USFS) collocated offices:
- BLM State Office/USFS Regional Office in Portland
- BLM Lakeview District/USFS Fremont-Winema National Forest Office in Lakeview
- USFS Rogue-Siskiyou National Forest/BLM Medford District Office in Medford
- October 22, 2010 - Observations and Recommendations (126 KB PDF)
Service First "quick survey"
Read what a variety of Service First offices and individuals felt were their most pressing concerns, obtained through an informal, four-question survey. Eighteen responses were received. The summary includes many issues that are being brought to the Service First Leadership Team for Action.
- February 2010 Service First Survey Results II - Items potentially addressed by Service First Working Groups (60 KB PDF)
BLM Leadership Academy
This 2006 report was written by BLM employees who attended the BLM Leadership Academy.
- Service First: Identifying and Resolving Fiscal Barriers to Effective Implementation (237 KB PDF)
- Appendix A: Map and List of Offices Surveyed (412 KB PDF)
- Appendix B: Survey Questionnaire (74 KB PDF)
- Appendix C: Complete Survey Data Set (74 KB PDF)
Service First Benefits and Costs Assessment
During 2004 a review and assessment of nine Service First locations took place to determine the costs and benefits of the initiative.
- Service First Benefits and Costs Assessment - October 2004 (1,132 KB PDF)
Service First Focus Group
This 2001 presentation summarizes a focus group study of managers and employees who participated in Service First partnerships.
- Managers and Employees Focus Group Report (194 KB PDF)