Evaluations & Reports
Service First Learning Journey to Oregon
During September 20-24, 2010, a team of State, field and National Operations Center personnel from Colorado, and the Service First National Coordinator, visited three BLM/US Forest Service (USFS) collocated offices:
- BLM State Office/USFS Regional Office in Portland
- BLM Lakeview District/USFS Fremont-Winema National Forest Office in Lakeview
- USFS Rogue-Siskiyou National Forest/BLM Medford District Office in Medford
- October 22, 2010 - Observations and Recommendations (126 KB PDF)
Service First "quick survey"
Read what a variety of Service First offices and individuals felt were their most pressing concerns, obtained through an informal, four-question survey. Eighteen responses were received. The summary includes many issues that are being brought to the Service First Leadership Team for Action.
- February 2010 Service First Survey Results II - Items potentially addressed by Service First Working Groups (60 KB PDF)
Statement of Facts for GAO Review of Forest Service/Interior Consolidation
- December 2008 (4,308 KB PDF)
BLM Leadership Academy
This 2006 report was written by BLM employees who attended the BLM Leadership Academy.
- Service First: Identifying and Resolving Fiscal Barriers to Effective Implementation (237 KB PDF)
- Appendix A: Map and List of Offices Surveyed (412 KB PDF)
- Appendix B: Survey Questionnaire (74 KB PDF)
- Appendix C: Complete Survey Data Set (74 KB PDF)
Service First Benefits and Costs Assessment
During 2004 a review and assessment of nine Service First locations took place to determine the costs and benefits of the initiative.
- Service First Benefits and Costs Assessment - October 2004 (1,132 KB PDF)
Service First Focus Group
This 2001 presentation summarizes a focus group study of managers and employees who participated in Service First partnerships.
- Managers and Employees Focus Group Report (194 KB PDF)