There is a lack of agency capacity in human factors and risk management. Human Factors & Risk Management is currently supporting four employees doing PhD research and two doing MSc research and development.
- University of Montana: Vita Wright – Fire Science Application
- Lund University: Ivan Pupulidy – Accident Investigation
- Oregon State University: College of Health and Human Sciences, Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. “Concept and application of mindfulness in forest management”. (Lewis, 2013). See Mindfulness & Self-compassion in Wildland Fire: Developing Leaders.
- University of California Santa Barbara, Department of Communications. “Unpacking the Risk Assessment Processes in Fire-fighting Crews” (Jahn 2012). See Communicative Construction of Safety in Wildland Firefighting.
- Lund University – Human Factors/Just Culture/Accident Investigation: Dave Christenson (Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center)
- Lund University – Human Factors/Just Culture/Accident Investigation: Ben Iverson (Region 5 fire)