RMRS Program Areas
Experimental Forests & Ranges
Robert J. Denner
1221 South Main Street
Contact Robert J. Denner
As the Forester in support of the Scientist in charge of Priest River Experimental Forest (PREF), Boise Basin Experimental Forest (BBEF), and Deception Creek Experimental Forest (DCEF), I facilitate research activities at these sites and have responsibility for the maintenance of real property and infrastructure at PREF.
Promote the use of Experimental Forests by Station and Academic Scientists, Professionals from Federal and State land management agencies, encourage use by all stakeholders, and provide educational opportunities for students of all ages. Maintain the long term climatic data from PREF and build a historical archive of these sites.
- Washington State University, Environmental Science/Resource Management , 1989
Featured Publications & Products
- Tinkham, Wade T.; Denner, Robert; Graham, Russell T. 2015. Climate, Snowpack, And Streamflow Of Priest River Experimental Forest, Revisited.
- Graham, Russell T.; Jain, Theresa B.; Graham, Kathy L.; Denner, Robert; Hardy, Colin. 2014. One-Hundred Years Of Wildfire Research: A Legacy Of The Priest River, Deception Creek, And Boise Basin Experimental Forests Of Idaho Chapter 21.
- Powers, Robert F.; Alban, David H.; Denner, Robert; Elioff, John D.; Fiddler, Gary O.; Page-Dumroese, Deborah; Ponder, Felix; Tiarks, Allan E.; Avers, Peter E.; Cline, Richard G.; Loftus, Nelson S. 2014. The Key Roles Of Four Experimental Forests In The Ltsp International Research Program Chapter 23.
- Ross-Davis, Amy L.; Stewart, Jane E.; Hanna, John W.; Shaw, John D.; Hudak, Andrew T.; Jain, Theresa B.; Denner, Robert J.; Graham, Russell T.; Page-Dumroese, Deborah S.; Tirocke, Joanne M.; Kim, Mee-Sook; Klopfenstein, Ned B. 2014. Forest Soil Microbial Communities: Using Metagenomic Approaches To Survey Permanent Plots.