AWAE Program Headquarters
322 East Front St., Ste 401
Boise, ID 83702
Rocky Mountain Research Station Headquarters
2150 Centre Ave., Bldg A
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Rocky Mountain Research Station Home > Science Program Areas > Air, Water and Aquatics > Flagstaff Lab > Southwest Watershed Team Members
Southwest Watershed Science Team of the AWAE
Phone: (928) 556-2153
Fax: (928) 556-2130 or 2131
e-mail: jleonard <at> fs.fed.us
Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae
2007 - M.S.
Forest Science, Northern Arizona University, School of Forestry, Flagstaff, AZ
2002 - B.S.
Biology, Northern Arizona University, Dept. of Biological Sciences, Flagstaff, AZ
Current Research Projects
- Sierra Ancha Experimental Forest, Atmospheric Monitoring Network, 2007-present
- Verde River T&E Fish Survey and Habitat Classification Project 2006-present
- Southwestern Borderlands Project, Prescribed Fire Study, 2006-present
- Verde River Research Project 2000-present
Past Research Projects
- Dude Fire Upland Vegetation Research Project 2004-2005
- Dude Fire Riparian Research Project 2000-2002
- Trace Gas Sampling, Flagstaff, AZ 2002
- Emergency Medical Technician Basic
- Wilderness First Responder
- Red Card Certified
- Resource Unit Leader - Central West Zone Type 2 Incident Management Team
Selected Publications and Posters
- Leonard, J.M. In Press. Influence of Parent Material on Herbaceous Vegetation Response 15 Years After the Dude Fire.
- Leonard, J.M. In Press. Influence of Parent Material on Woody Vegetation Response 15 Years after the Dude Fire.
- Leonard, J.M. 2007. The influence of parent material on vegetation response 15 years after the Dude Fire, Arizona: Thesis. Northern Arizona University, 65 p.
- Leonard, J.M. 2006. Geology Mediates Long-term Response to the Dude Fire. Poster presented at the International Fire Ecology and Management Conference, November 12-16th, 2006 San Diego, California.
- Leonard, J.M. 2006. Influence of Parent Material on Soil Nutrients 15 Years After the Dude Fire. Poster presented at the Soil Science Society of America conference, November 12-16th, 2006 Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Leonard, J.M. 2006. Woody vegetation changes 15 years after the Dude Fire. Proceedings of the 2006 Meetings: Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science, April 8th, 2006 Tucson, Arizona.
- Leonard, J.M. 2005. Geologic Influence on Woody Vegetation Response 15 years after the Dude Wildfire. Poster presented at the Colorado Plateau Conference, November 8th, 2005 Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Leonard, J.M. and Medina, A.L. 2005. Twelve year post-fire changes in channel morphology of Dude Creek. Proceedings of the 2005 Meetings: Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science, April 9th, 2005 Las Vegas, Nevada