Stewardship Contracting Training
This web page includes information and links to help you find Stewardship Contracting training.
- A Tool with an Attitude: The philosophy of stewardship end-result contracting (.ppt, 19.9 MB) - a Stewardship Philosophy Training PowerPoint presentation (Version 1, February 11, 2009).
- Stewardship Agreements and Contracts: Important Tools for Accelerated Restoration - this is a recording of a webinar hosted by the Forest Service Forest Management staff and the National Forest Foundation. This webinar focuses on the differences between stewardship contracts and stewardship agreements, covers basic information on stewardship agreements, and features two presentations from partner organizations on their experiences with stewardship agreements.
Stewardship Contracting Computer-Based Tutorial
The Stewardship Contracting Tutorial is now available. This self-paced computer-based tutorial is a useful tool for the student to use prior to formal classroom training or as a review after a training session. It is comprehensive in scope and allows the student to study as many or as few modules as desired
Download both parts to your PC desktop and double-click the icon for each part to install.
- Stewardship Contracting Tutorial Setup - Part 1 (.exe, 0.4 MB)
- Stewardship Contracting Tutorial Setup - Part 2 (.exe, 25.4 MB)
Stewardship Contracting Preparation and Administration Classroom Training
The Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and supporting documents listed below are intended for classroom training. Some include additional documents used for hyperlinks within the presentation. The first link, Stewardship Training Package.doc (30 KB), provides a list of the files included in each package. Download and extract all files into the same directory.
NOTE: The links below are to files in Microsoft Word (.doc), PowerPoint (.ppt), and self-extracting (.exe) file formats. The self-extracting files may be opened by downloading the files to a Windows PC and opening them to extract the files' contents . The self-extracting files contain files in Adobe Acrobat PDF; Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; and HTML formats. Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader; Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; a web browser; or, similar software capable of opening these file formats is required.
- Stewardship Training Package.doc (30 KB) - folders and files outline.
- Stewardship Contract Refresher_20070907.ppt (2.5 MB) - introductory presentation.
- Stewardship Contract Prep IRTC_20070314.exe (1.5 MB) - contains three parts with hyperlinked documents along with contract examples (Dark Meadow Stewardship Documents_20070907.exe, 0.6 MB).
- Stewardship Contract Prep IRSC_20070907.exe (1.4 MB) - contains two parts with associated sample documents and hyperlinked documents.
- Stewardship Contract Admin_20070907.exe (2.5 MB) - contains four parts and hyperlinked documents.
- Stewardship Contract Accounting_20101130.exe (9.9 MB) - contains main, example, and contract closure sections as well as supporting documents and hyperlinked documents. The November 11, 2010, updated includes updated versions for Agreements, Billing Deferral, CDW Reporting of Stewardship Acres, etc. Associated documents can be found in Dark Meadow Documents_20071025.exe (0.7 MB).
- Instructor Notes from PowerPoint Presentations (StewardshipContractingInstructorNotes.exe, 6/19/08, 97.3 MB) - contains the instructor notes for each PowerPoint presentation. The notes may be printed and distributed in the classroom setting to help students follow the instructor presentation.
- Stewardship Billing Deferral Training:
- Additional Presentations:
- Documentation for IRTC Prep, IRSC Prep, and Accounting (Documentation_20070907.exe, 2.0 MB)
- Stewardship Contracting: Basic stewardship contracting principles (PDF, 0.7 MB)
- USDA Forest Service Stewardship Contracting Contacts
- Bureau of Land Management: Stewardship Contracting
- Forests and Rangelands: Stewardship Contracting
- Pinchot Institute for Conservation: Stewardship Contracting on Federal Forest Lands
- Red Lodge Clearinghouse: Stewardship Contracting
- National Forest Foundation