Stewardship End Result Contracting
Stewardship End Result Contracting helps achieve land management goals while meeting local and rural community needs, including contributing to the sustainability of rural communities and providing a continuing source of local income and employment. It focuses on the “end result” ecosystem benefits and outcomes, rather than on what's removed from the land.
Extending this authority and expanding the use of this tool is crucial in aiding in collaboratively restoring landscapes through trading the value of forest products for the services needed to get the full spectrum of resource work completed.
- Stewardship Contracting: Basic stewardship contracting principles (PDF, 0.7 MB)
- USDA Forest Service Stewardship Contracting Contacts
- Bureau of Land Management: Stewardship Contracting
- Forests and Rangelands: Stewardship Contracting
- Pinchot Institute for Conservation: Stewardship Contracting on Federal Forest Lands
- Red Lodge Clearinghouse: Stewardship Contracting
- National Forest Foundation