CFLR Program All FAQs by Subject
- What funding can be used to match the CFLRF funding requests in proposals?
- How will project planning be funded for projects with little or no NEPA completed?
- How can regions ensure they will have sufficient funding for project planning when nominating projects for CFLRF funding?
- What will be the funding source for the required 50% or more of the implementation and monitoring costs not covered by CFLRF?
- Does the non-CFLRF funding need to be appropriate FS funds or can it contain a mix of appropriated funds and other funds?
- Can State and Private Forestry (S&PF) funds be used as a part of the Forest Service match?
- Does in-kind work qualify as part of matching funds or do the matching funds need to be monetary?
- Does funding by other government agencies or tribes count toward matching funds?
- How would leveraged funds fit into proposal?
- Does a project need to obligate all of the CFLRF by September 30?
- When do the matching funds need to be obligated?
- Does the Act prohibit the use of the funds off of NFS lands using Wyden authority? Can the matching Regional money be used for work off of NFS lands using Wyden authority and still be counted as a match?
- Are there circumstances under which Forest Service land acquisition funds (LALW) would qualify for matching CFLR funds?
- Do time and money spent on project planning and development count as matching funds?
- Can we use Range program management (NFRG) appropriated funds as our “qualifying match”?
- Will we be able to use purchaser road credits as our “qualifying match”?
- How can timber value be used as matching funds?
- Is it true that the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration (CFLR) program removes the cancellation ceiling barrier for U.S. Forest Service contracts?
- How are the cost pools that are taken out of the CFLR/CFLN funds calculated?
- Why can we can charge annual and sick leave with CFLR projects to CFLR funds, but we cannot charge things like equipment to CFLR funds, when annual leave and sick leave are not implementation?
- Why can’t NFIM be used as match?
- Can Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) funds which are expended within a CFLRP project area be coded as matching funds?
Subject: Project Submission
- What scale should the projects be identified?
- How are actions proposed on other federal lands (e.g. BIA, BLM) or other government or private ownerships within or adjacent to a FLRA project considered?
- Can a project decision that’s already been signed and implemented be applied to CFLR project implementation goals?
- Can the restoration project length be less than 10 years?
- What analysis is required to determine the number and type of jobs created by the project?
- How should a proposal analyze the anticipated cost savings from reduced wildfire management costs?
- How many proposals can any region submit?
- How many Funding Estimate tables should be included with the proposal?
- Should letters of support be included in the proposals?
- Can references be included in a bibliography in Section 13 or provided in a link to free up space in the sections?
- Where do we put additional maps and will they count against the page limit?
- What is a Letter of Commitment?
Subject: Project Selection
Subject: Implementation and Monitoring
- The CFLRF can be used to pay up to 50 percent of the cost of carrying out and monitoring ecological treatments on NFS lands. What is included in the cost of carrying out and monitoring the treatments?
- What monitoring is required for CFLRP projects?
- How is CFLRP monitoring funded?
- What monitoring is allowed to be funded with CFLRP funding?
- Who can use CFLRP funds for monitoring?
- What is needed outside of CFLRF to be successful?
- Is there any relief or exemption from the competition rules in contracting?
- Can a permanent road be constructed with non-CFLRF funding?