Wayne T. Swank
Contact Wayne T. Swank
Forest hydrology and ecology with emphasis on water yield and water quality, biogeochemical cycles, and forest succession as related to both natural and management disturbances.
- University of Washington, Ph.D. Forest Hydrology,
- University of Washington, M.F. Silviculture,
- West Virginia University, B.S. Forest Management,
Featured Publications & Products
- Swank, Wayne; Vose, James. 2010. Long-term forest ecosystem research: a programmatic view.
- Burt, T.P.; Swank, W.T. 2010. Hursh CR and Brater EF (1941) separating storm-hydrographs from small drainage-areas into surface- and subsurface-flow. Transactions, American Geophysical Union 22:863-871.
- Brookshire, E.N. Jack; Gerber, Stefan; Webster, Jackson R.; Vose, James M.; Swank, Wayne T. 2010. Direct effects of temperature on forest nitrogen cycling revealed through analysis of long-term watershed records.
- Worrall, Fred; Swank, Wayne T.; Burt, Tim. 2005. Fluxes of inorganic carbon from two forested catchments in the Appalachian mountains.
Publications & Products
- Webster, Jackson, R..; Swank, Wayne , T..; Vose, James , M..; Knoepp, Jennifer , D..; Elliott, Katherine , J. 2014. Bridging the gap between ecosystem theory and forest watershed management.
- Vose, James M.; Swank, Wayne T.; Adams, Mary Beth; Amatya, Devendra; Campbell, John; Johnson, Sherri; Swanson, Frederick J.; Kolka, Randy; Lugo, Ariel E.; Musselman, Robert; Rhoades, Charles. 2014. Chapter 17: The role of experimental forests and ranges in the development of ecosystem science and biogeochemical cycling research.
- Knoepp, Jennifer, D..; Swank, Wayne , T..; Haines, Bruce L. 2014. Long- and short-term changes in nutrient availability following commercial sawlog harvest via cable logging.
- Swank, Wayne , T..; Webster, Jackson, R. 2014. Preface: long-term response of a forest watershed ecosystem, clearcutting in the Southern Appalachians.
- Swank, Wayne T.; Webster, Jackson, R. 2014. Programmatic background, site description, experimental approach and treatment, and natural disturbances.
- Swank, Wayne , T..; Knoepp, Jennifer , D..; Logic exception within f_get_listOfAuthors30(). Could not calculate fullname.; Logic exception within f_get_listOfAuthors30(). Could not calculate fullname.; Webster, Jackson, R. 2014. Response and recovery of water yield and timing, stream sediment, abiotic parameters, and stream chemistry following logging.
- Qualls, Robert G.; Haines, Bruce L.; Swank, Wayne , T. 2014. Soluble organic nutrient fluxes.
- Boring, Lindsay R.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Swank, Wayne T. 2014. Successional forest dynamics 30 years following clearcutting.
- Mattson, Kim G.; Swank, Wayne T. 2014. Wood decomposition following clearcutting at Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratory.
- Serengil, Yusuf; Swank, Wayne T.; Vose, James M. 2012. Alterations on flow variability due to converting hardwood forests to pine.
- Tedela, Negussie H.; McCutcheon, Steven C.; Campbell, John L.; Swank, Wayne T.; Adams, Mary Beth; Rasmussen, Todd C. 2012. Curve numbers for nine mountainous eastern United States watersheds: seasonal variation and forest cutting.
- Ford, Chelcy , R..; Laseter, Stephanie , H..; Swank, Wayne, T..; Vose, James , M. 2011. Can forest management be used to sustain water-based ecosystem service in the face of climate change?.
- Serengil, Yusuf; Swank, Wayne T.; Riedel, Mark S.; Vose, James M. 2011. Conversion to pine: Changes in timing and magnitude of high and low flows..